Tuesday, August 30, 2005

It's been a while

since my last post and a lot has happened to me. I took the Dental Admissions Test, probably one of the top 10 most important single events of my life, and I did pretty well, or good enough. Then I went on a climbing trip up to Squamish in Canada with my brother William. We had good times bouldering and climbing bigger stuff with ropes. While camping in Squamish it was really cool living with all the climbing bums. They consisted mostly of other people my age on summer break, people who had just recently lost their jobs, and real bums, namely people who hadn't held a job in years. We met this really cool group of French Canadians, including this girl named Mia. After meeting her, I'm absolutely certain that a girl with a French accent is one of the sexiest things in the world. On the other hand, it was really awkward driving through the campsite in my nice car every day. I'm pretty sure that of all the people who came in and out of the campsite the 8 days we stayed there, I, a college student had a nicer car than anyone else by a long shot.

The only thing that motivated me to finish this climb was the fact that there's a 10 year old girl climbing it on the cover of the guide book. It is really quite challenging.


After that I went back to Tacoma and lead Passages orientation for the third and last time of college career. The backpacking trip was crazy, I lead the advanced trip which included an 11.5 mile hike on day two. It wouldn't have been so bad except for the fact that the cross country team was on our trip, and they occasionally ran. The best part of the trip was when we forced some kid to eat an entire no-bake cheese cake, and later found out that what we thought was powdered milk was actually Parmesan cheese. My other trip was a canoeing trip with 17 people, and I still don't know some of their names. I'm feel kind of sad knowing that this is the last time, but I'm also excited that I'm almost done with college. I can't see myself doing passages again just cause I don't care for the freshmen anymore. Even at the tender age of 20, I feel like I'm practically in a different age group.

Me and Drew dressed up to welcome the Freshmen.

I know that this is a pretty lame narrative of my life for the past month, but I will start posting more often now that I have more time and that I'm actually at home by a computer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rog said...

Its not that lame at all. That pic brought a big smile to my face :)

11:56 PM, September 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home