Friday, January 19, 2007

i hate cops

I consider myself a pretty outstanding citizen, at least in the fact that I have hardly had any run ins with the law, especially in the past 4 or 5 years. At most I've been pulled over once in my life for speeding but was let off with a warning. The past 6 months I've lived in New York and even with the plethora of cops wondering the street they seem to always let me go about my own business. Basically I've never even talked to a cop in New York until two weeks ago. Somehow in a 4 day period I managed to butt heads with some dirty NY pigs a few too many times.
The first incident happened on my way home from the airport. I jumped in a unmarked car with another couple to catch a ride home. Apparently that's really illegal and we got stopped at a tunnel leading into the city. Turns out the driver isn't a citizen, he doesn't have a permit to work, and he doesn't even have a green card. So the dude gets about 5 tickets while the cops interrogate me and the other passengers to try and get some incriminating information about this poor guy who's just trying to make a living. The best part was that the cop thanked me for my time and told me that I "Should be proud" while we were leaving.
Four days later I go in the subway cause the bus I was on was really slow. My friend Jamie ran out of credit on her card and I only had on more pass so I told her to come with me in the turnstile cause the train was coming into the station. Right as we got through the turnstile a cop steps out of the shadows and hands us two tickets. And there went $60 that could have been spent on 4 expensive nyc drinks.
Right now I've gone an entire 2 weeks with out a run in with authority. I'm going to try and keep it that way for a while cause otherwise it may get a little expensive and I think that new york might be one of the worst places to be stuck in jail waiting to get bailed out.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah cops suck here in australia too mate.....FUCKING ASSHOLES... there are people being abused,raped and murdered and they seem to be more worried about revenue raising. idiots

4:46 PM, June 18, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home