Monday, July 23, 2007

Lucky?

This past Saturday I was walking around the city and early in the morning I found a penny on the ground. I didn't bother to pick it up and thought nothing of it later on. Later on in the day I was eating at a restaurant and I saw a quarter on the floor. The thought of picking it up passed through my mind but for some reason, maybe the floor was too dirty, I didn't bother again and quickly forgot about it. For some reason I was staring at the ground as I crossed a street on the way home from the restaurant. I spotted a piece of paper and upon closer inspection it turned out to be a dollar bill. Only after I picked it up did I realize that it wasn't a one dollar bill but a twenty dollar bill. What a find.
What if I had left that twenty dollar bill there on the the street? Would I have run into a fifty or maybe even a hundred dollar bill by the end of the day? Either way, twenty is a personal best for me in terms of finding stuff especially money. I consider myself quite fortunate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

well chuck, feel great about taking some poor black kid's crack money.

9:02 AM, August 03, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home